Thursday, November 10, 2011

Stairs for Small Spaces

We recently transfered to a small space. It measures only 36 square meters. So we needed to exhaust all efforts to maximize the space. Since I put a mezzanine as a storage area and possible sleeping area for my small nephews and niece when they visit us, I thought of putting a few flights of stairs.

Since my concern is space, I took inspiration from the images below. I was not sure what is most suitable unless the house was finished. So when it was completed, my big concern was the stairs.


I like the stairs above. But given the space left to maximize with a few flights of stairs, I settled with some of  inspirations below. But mine is four-flight stair that doubles up as shelves, similar to the last image. :-) I asked the carpenter to use scrap woods. I still need to paint the shelf. But it is now useful whenever we need to get something from the mezzanine area.





1 comment: