Saturday, December 10, 2011

Cassava Recipes

My mother bought a kilo of rootcrops for twenty pesos ($.50). I have been thinking of making a cassava cake for a while now, or anything made from cassava. My first attempt was to make pichi-pichi. I checked on several recipes online but it was a disaster. What did I do? I grated the cassava then boil it in two cups of water, put some sugar and drops of pandan essence. The results? It is better not shown in picture!
It is close to pichi-pichi but it is not something chewable. I think that is how the lye water works in pichi-pichi. It makes the delicacy chewable. I just put some grated cheese and imagine it is pichi-pichi.

I will try again to make pichi-pichi or cassava cake next time.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete